Software Development Project Manager
Tevpro seeks an experienced Software Development Project Manager to join its rapidly growing firm in Houston, TX.
The Project Manager will work as an integral part of our custom software development team to lead clients through complex software implementations and custom development projects. The role will work closely with product owners, software developers, UI/UX designers, and solution architects to help drive the development of the applications from inception to release.
- Gather, record, and translate detailed business requirements into user stories for either agile or waterfall projects.
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, allocation of resources, documentation, change requests, risks, and issues to ensure the maximum business benefit is maintained.
- Estimate project deliverables, develop project plans, write development stories, and coordinate sprint planning and scrum activities to deliver successful projects on time and within budget.
- Manage daily standups, sprints, demos, backlog grooming, and retrospective meetings to identify process improvements.
- Regularly communicate with senior management regarding the status of specific project deliverables, and interact with clients to set and manage expectations.
- Create clarity around business objectives through the development and refinement of user stories.
- Work with the Sales and business development team to create statements of work, proposals, and project quotes.
- 3+ years of Business Analyst or Project Management experience working within large, multi-team engagements.
- 2+ years of experience in software development, quality assurance, and/or technical support.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Excellent communication, insatiable curiosity, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Must have hands-on experience with proposal creation and leading proposal presentations.
- Knowledge of Agile techniques like User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, and Automated Testing.
- Flexibility to travel.
Technical background with a bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Software, Project Management, or a related field is required.
- Competitive salary + Bonus
- Training and Education Allowance
- Remote, in-office, or Hybrid work
- PTO + Holidays
- Matching 401k
- Health benefits – Medical, Dental & Vision
Our offices are headquartered in Houston, TX.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time. Candidates must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.